12 dec 2009

Tranny trouble

Man, good thing I totally strip this car, yesterday I saw that there was something done to the front tranny mount, looks like two washers welded to the 60's mount to accept the '58 panmount (pic. 1)....this box is original a 60's gearbox, so for 180mm flywheels only....somebody 'modified' it to accept 200mm flywheels too (pic. 2)...the clutchbearing fork has seen better days too, someone had a thing with welding washers that's for sure! ;-) (pic 3.)...but what the hell?!.....This fucker ain't gonna fly that's for sure!!


I think I'm gonna get me a 70's long gear tranny, and then swap the axles, front mount and hockey stick. Do it right or don't do it at all...






























2 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

old(geezer) skool trick

Jens v Seeters zei

Haha, komt goed Ron!

Die voorste baksteun vond ik wel beetje tricky zo. maffe Duitsers ;-)